Skip to content Accessibility info

Trucking Insurance & Permits

Trucking Insurance

Whether you operate several trucks or a single truck (independent owner-operators), the probability of one of your vehicles and drivers being involved in a serious accident is high.It is important to have an insurance policy that meets both your business and truck insurance needs.

We compare multiple quotes from top carriers with one application.

We work within your budget and look for pricing and discount options to maximize your savings.

Common commercial truck insurance coverages include:

  • Liability Insurance - This will pay for at fault accidents that caused property damages or bodily injury to others. You typically need $1,000,000 liability coverage.

  • Physical Damage Coverage - Covers your truck for damages regardless of fault, and it also covers theft of the vehicle.

  • General Liability Insurance - This will cover things that happen when you are not on the road. You will want a policy that covers both loading and unloading of the truck, if you are doing any loading yourself. Most companies want a policy of $1,000,000 per accident and $2,000,000 aggregate.

  • Motor Truck Cargo Insurance - This is a coverage that protects the goods that you are hauling if they get damaged in an accident or while in transit.

  • Refrigeration Breakdown Coverage - This coverage protects a reefer trailer load in case of a mechanical malfunction that causes spoilage of load.

  • Trailer Interchange Insurance - This covers a non-owned trailer that is constantly being swapped or rented for physical damages. 

  • Bobtail Insurance - This will cover you when you are not on a load or you are doing personal errands. Most companies want this coverage if you are an owner operator.

  • Umbrella / Excess Liability Insurance - Some Contracts may require this coverage. This is just coverage on top of the $ 1,000,000 liability that you already have (excess coverage). 

These are just some of the coverages that may be required as a truck driver.Call us today to find the right coverage package for your business needs: 209-354-3000

Trucking Authority & Permit Services

Are you starting a trucking company?

Get started as an Intrastate (CA only) or Interstate Motor Carrier without any stress. We will guide you through the processes, do all the paperwork and get you on the road faster.

The Rios Insurance Agency LLC is dedicated to simplifying the process of obtaining all licensing and permit requirements for the trucking industry. We focus on permits, licenses, registrations, and filings.

We offer a wide variety of filing services:

  • DOT number

  • CA number

  • Motor Carrier Permit (MCP)

  • EIN number

  • MC Number (previously known as an ICC)

  • IFTA and Oregon Motor Carrier Account set up

  • Unified Carrier Registration (UCR)

  • Highway Use Tax (Form 2290)

  • And more ...

The Rios Insurance Agency keeps you and your trucking company safe, compliant, and profitable! Basically, we are here to make the process quick and as effortless as can be. We will make sure that your paperwork is in order and filed on time. Give us a call today to learn more: 209-354-3000.